Improved & secure technology, what’s the real meaning in terms of the ATM industry. Also, other vital dimensions of security in Technology world? Automated Teller Machine, it’s a machine which dispatches cash for the people who need it. Obviously, the Technology linked up with such a sensitive thing should be highly improved. Also, secure at the same time, for the sake of transaction safety. Are we dealing with security aspects that are linked with the psychology of people? Alternatively, are we really interested in security which is more financial & tangible ? Obviously, both of them are linked up together in terms of the financial security elements. Hence, being technically aware & sound of these aspects is a higher level need for the people.
ALSO READ: IS AN ATM BUSINESS A GOOD IDEA FOR MY BUSINESS?
A BASIC NEED OF THE ATM SECTOR:
A secure technology is the basic need of the ATM sector. Vitally, due to the sensitivity. Hence, as well as the nature of the industry. The basic need has been raised more professionally much to the credit of Technology which is far more comprehensive & far more robust. The level of robustness is on an increase on an everyday basis. Hence, as the security threat level is on the rise.
COMPREHENSIVE ATM SECURITY:
ATM security is far more comprehensive in terms of the needs of people & the banks. The positive technologies has been constantly helping the banks to secure their networks. This is true over a period of a decade. Here, the researchers take an in-depth approach by analysing the following;
- The General System information.
- The Main system components.
- Hardware & Software Versions.
- Data Transfer Protocols, &
- Network Communications.
SECURITY IS THE GATEWAY TO THE REAL SUCCESS IN ATM:
It’s indeed the gateway for the real success in the ATM sector. Most importantly, as it is the need of the hour. Especially, for the clients & FI’s, i.e. the Financial Institutions. It also secures many other linked up entities. These are entities which includes transaction safety & security. Also, includes money handling, financial sustenance & identity thefts. Also includes, other key entities that are needed for the success in ATM industry.
The ATMs of today operate more like mini branches than ever before. This purely means that FI’s must ensure their devices are well protected against criminals targeting them for the purpose of theft, intrusion and compromise.
Protecting the ATMs from the attack of fraudsters requires a blend of both physical and cyber security measures. The ATM feature functionality and operating designs continue to expand. Furthermore, so does the battlefield. We are dealing precisely with the battlefield where the ATM security managers and the ATM-focused criminals meet together.
ALSO READ: BOOSTING YOUR ATM PRESENCE THROUGH THE USE OF EFFECTIVE MARKETING
THE CHECKLIST FOR PHYSICAL SECURITY:
- Provide in-store education & knowledge of key aspects. Hence, as well as on-site personnel for the sake of validating all ATM service personnel.
- Establishing a reporting protocol for the sake of reporting of suspicious behaviour. More importantly, periodically check machines for compromised components.
- Keep a check on security cameras and other available security devices. Specifically, for the sake of ensuring that they are in perfect working order.
- Installation of GPS tracking devices within both the cash machine & the devices itself.
- Make possible assumptions that how a criminal might physically tamper with a machine.