The singer Shawn Mendes will no longer be performing at the Scotiabank Arena in Toronto this weekend. This is following the announcement on Thursday. An announcement that Shawn Mendes made, while cancelling the remainder part of the North American and the European tour.
The Pickering, Ont.-raised musician, Shawn said in a statement issued on Wednesday that he had cancelled his concert. Importantly, in order to concentrate on his health. The singer, further added that he was not prepared to face the challenges. These are massive hindrances of performing following the pandemic.
“After talking with my team. Also, working with an amazing group that includes health experts. Hence, it’s been clearer that I have to make the time I’ve never had personally. In order to get grounded and get back on track,” Shawn Mendes said.
“We believe that I will be able to catch up the remainder of the dates. Especially, following some much-needed rest However, at this point I must put my health primary concern.”
This month Mendes revealed that he would be taking a break from his Wonder World Tour for three weeks. He said the tour began when he was 15 years old. Also, added that being away from family and friends was hard on him.
Mendes had been scheduled to perform at the Scotiabank Arena on July 31 and August. 2. Both shows are now pulled.
Scotiabank Arena said the tickets will be returned automatically. The arena spokes-person also added that the official details will be provided to the purchasers. Hence, via an email sent by Ticketmaster.